Our president, Sheeka Strickland, will leave us soon to pursue a master's degree at Northwestern University. Also, Dioni L. Wise, the vice president of print, will start her master's program at Elon. Our parliamentarian, Eric Nickens Jr., already has moved to the Triangle to become the information and communications manager at the Durham County Health Department.
Paid members will also vote on certain amendments to the by-laws. The current board will also share details about an exciting workshop in August.
Come to this meeting and help shape TABJ's future.
- MEMBERSHIP. Dues range from $15 to $40. (http://triadabj.weebly.com/membership.html.)
- $40. Full membership. Full members include writers, reporters, editors, photographers, columnists and freelancers who earn a majority of their income from freelance activity. Full members have the right to vote, hold office, chair committees and serve all positions on the TABJ board.
- $30. Associate membership.These members work in academia, media sales and public relations. They have the same rights as full members, except they can only be elected as the Secretary, Parliamentarian or Treasurer.
- $15. Student membership.Full- and part-time students cannot vote, chair committees or hold office, except that of the Student Representative, which is appointed by the Board.
- ELECTIONS: Anyone who wants to run as a candidate should express his or her intent by sending an email to TriadABJ@gmail.com! Please include the position you want and brief statements about (1) why you want to be on the Board and (2) what ideas you have for the next calendar year. Candidates must be members of NABJ. Other candidates can be nominated at the meeting.
- POSITIONS: The positions on the Board of Directors and their duties are as follows:
- The President shall be the chief executive office of TABJ. (Position currently held by Sheeka Strickland.)
- The (2) Vice Presidents (of Print and Broadcast) will perform duties set by the Board. (Positions currently held by Dioni L. Wise and Tracey McCain.)
- The Treasurer has primary responsibility of the budget. (Position currently held by John Hinton.)
- The Secretary is responsible for preparing the meetings and authenticating records. (Position currently held by Cami Marshall.)
- The Parliamentarian shall possess knowledge of the TABJ By-Laws, any other rules and act as sergeant-at-arms at meetings. (Position currently held by Eric Nickens Jr.)