- TABJ is officially exempt from federal income tax under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 501(c)(3). TABJ is qualified to receive tax-deductible bequests, devises, transfers or gifts as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- Congrats to TABJ member Jasimine Felder who is headed to WCCB-TV in Charlotte!
- Congrats to CAABJ member Raeshika Jones. Raeshika is the new morning EP at WXII 12 News!
- Guilford County Schools names TABJ president Kerry Charles the Volunteer of the Month. Kerry volunteers at Aycock Middle School.
- The Winston-Salem Journal just hired Jewell Walston as a sports editor. She will be one of the few black, female sports editors in the nation, according to John X. Miller.
- The Winston-Salem Journal is seeking a cops reporter.
- TABJ President Kerry Charles and VP of Print Dre Taylor were workshop panelists on the NABJ Region III Conference Cruise in early March. Check out more photos from the cruise to the Bahamas on Facebook.
The Triad Association of Black Journalists is an organization committed to the needs of African-American journalists in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina.